How To Check Number Of SIMs On CNIC Card Online. Mobile SIM cards are issued in Pakistan based on the SIM holder’s CNIC number. Here, we’ll go over how to find out how many SIM cards have been issued with your CNIC.
How many Mobile SIMs can we register against one CNIC Number?
In Pakistan, a person cannot register an unlimited number of mobile SIMs under their name. The government, through the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), has limited the number of SIMs a person can have to five (5) against a single CNIC number.
How to Check the Number of Active SIMs Issued Against an CNIC Card Online?
To find out the number of active SIMs against your CNIC number, you can use two main methods:
1. Through the Website:
- Visit the PTA SIM Information Website.
- Once you access the site, a webpage will prompt you to provide necessary information.
- Enter your CNIC number in the designated field.
- Verify you’re not a robot by checking the appropriate box, then click ‘Submit.’
- A list of registered SIMs against the provided CNIC will be displayed, categorized by the operator and showing the total count.
2. Through SMS:
- Open your phone’s text messaging application.
- Type your CNIC number without any hyphens.
- Send this message to 668.
- You will receive a response indicating the total number of active SIM cards registered under each operator against your CNIC. Each SMS to 668 costs PKR 2 + tax.
What to Do if You Discover Unknown SIMs?
If you identify an unfamiliar SIM registered under your name, immediately contact the Customer Service Centre of the relevant telecom company.
How to Block a Mobile SIM Card Registered Against Your CNIC?
If you wish to deactivate a SIM that is not in use:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer service office of the relevant mobile operator.
- Present your original CNIC and complete a form. This will initiate the blocking process for the undesired number.
Remember, it’s essential to keep track of SIM cards registered under your name to ensure security and avoid potential misuse.